7.18.2010

Run?

When my mom came home from the Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale with a new pair of running shoes for me, I sensed that maybe I wasn’t the only one picking up on the lull in my former running routine. After running the San Jose 1/2 Marathon in October (and finishing hand in hand with Sarah and Steph), I told myself I’d never get out of running shape again because there is no better feeling than that! However, after taking a week off for Spring Break in March and starting off my last spring quarter at Santa Clara, my Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights took precedent over my formerly disciplined running schedule.

Taking a hint from my mom, and motivation from my neighbor and best friend Marge whose zipping around the neighborhood and around town on daily high mileage runs sent me on a giant guilt trip, I laced up my sneaks and prayed to God to pull me through my first three miler in months. Naturally it was steamy hot for the first mile, took a typical St. Louis weather turn for the worst by mile two, and finished with a torrential downpour and lightening strikes; but I finally finished. While I spent the majority of the run debating whether my sports bra was too tight or if my heart was really beating that hard—it was a great feeling. Of course I nostalgically look back to six months ago when a 5-6 mile run was an easy day, but I’m easing back into it- run number one complete!

3 comments:

  1. My dad just me running shoes too!
    Super sweet blog by the way. If you throw my name into one of your posts I realllllllllly swear I'll come to stl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha pierce I love you... caitles you are motivating me! prepare yourself because running up these SF hills sucks. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really sucks... in fact i have given up the hill running. come to sf so we can attempt hot yoga again like the olden days?
    xo

    ReplyDelete