7.14.2010

Summer Reads


I’ve always loved books but since college have had a hard time sitting down and reading the ones I like. SO, this summer I made myself a summer book list that I want to finish by the end of August. If anyone wants to join me, I’d love it! Or if anyone has any suggestions, send them my way,

Here's my list....

Beach Music by Pat Conroy
Sounds cheesy but is actually so good. I’m about halfway through and so addicted. I’m also in desperate need of a trip to Rome after this.

Generation Me by Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D.
My friend Jeff recommended this one. The description on the cover is, “Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled—and More Miserable Than Ever Before.” Sounds morbid but is actually cool- its changing the way I think about everything a little bit.

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
This seems to be everybody's favorite so I'm forcing myself to read it...

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Another one I've been wanting to read for forever. Plus its a murder mystery which are my favorite.

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
She is one of the best authors of 'chick flick' books and this is her newest one that just came out. If you haven't read Something Borrowed and Something Blue, you should.

5 comments:

  1. I will have to check these reads out. Welcome to the blog world, future sisssssta! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo! And Heart of the Matter was a good read but a little depressing...so be prepared. But I am excited to try out the other ones you have suggested. I just started reading Look Again by Lisa Scottoline and I will let you know how that one goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. currently finishing the 3rd book in the dragon tattoo series - def a must! (and usually i just read trash, ask marisa) LOVE your blog, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked The Pillars of the Earth out from the library but haven't had a chance to start it yet.

    And I agree with Madeline, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was great and Heart of the Matter was just okay to me. I would skip it. Definitely read Emily Giffin's other books first if you haven't already {Something Borrowed, Something Blue, etc.}

    Oh, and LOVE Pat Conroy... one of my absolute fave authors.

    ReplyDelete